Early movers practitioner training
Training to help early years practitioners extend the physical activity opportunities available to the under fives in their care.
Who is this training for?
This course is ideal for anyone working in an early years setting who provides care to children from birth up to the age of five. The course is especially suited to those who would like to learn more about the importance of physical activity in the early years and how to engage babies and young children in more physically active play.
Aim of the training and summary of content
Attending this training will help early years practitioners develop a better understanding about the importance of early movement opportunities for the 0-5 age group and raise confidence to organise enabling environments for physical activity for the children in their care. Specifically the course covers:
- the importance of physical activity for the early years
- the UK early years physical activity guidelines
- translation of the physical activity guidelines into practice for both children that can walk and those that can't yet
- inclusion and meeting the needs of all children
- how physical activity links to other areas of the UK early years curriculums.
By the end of the workshop, participants will:
- understand the importance of physical activity in the early years
- learn about the physical activity and sedentary guidelines for early years
- adapt their delivery to plan and cater for the needs, interests and developmental stage within groups of children they care for.
By the end of the training session, all participants will receive:
- a hand out of the powerpoint slides used throughout the session
- a copy of the UK Physical Activity Guidelines for Early Years (non-walkers) and (walkers) leaflets.
We have the following course dates coming up for individuals to book on to:
Courses are priced at £150 per person which includes all course resources and refreshments. Courses run from 9.30am - 3.30pm.
Locally hosted courses
This course can be hosted at a venue to suit you anywhere within the UK mainland.
The cost of this course is £900. This price includes a 3½ hour tutor-led session, with some practical elements, delivered by an experienced tutor as well as resources for all participants to take away. It can be run for a maximum of 25 participants but will require at least 10. The cost of venue hire, refreshments and local promotion are to be covered by the hosting organisation.
For further information on the timings and content for the course download the sample course programme.
How to book
If you would like to book an Early movers in house practitioner course in your area please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01509 226418 to discuss a suitable date.